Oracle Ep. 1, June 3, 2018//The Grand Re-boot

So many ch-ch-changes! It feels so great to be back in action. This has been a busy time in the land of Oracle from re-booting, changing broadcasting platforms, to re-joining Blogger and Twitter and creating a new page on Facebook. My goal is to keep Oracle as interactive and engaging as possible.

You might be new here and wondering why I'm going on about making my triumphant return. I shall share a very brief story of how Oracle came alive in the first place.

The Grand History of Oracle: 


In 2010, I approached the good folks at CJAM 99.1 FM about starting my own program. I was unsure at the time what would be most beneficial to me and the station. My mind churned with many thoughts ranging from Indie Rock to an all Canadian Alt-Rock feature but those, thankfully fell through. My true heart has always been in the world of Psychedelic Rock. Memories of my parents sharing their music tastes and my own hours listening to "oldies" turned me on to the classics. 

Of course, I had to do things my own way and I was and still am a huge supporter of the new school of Psych, known to many as Neo-Psychedelia. From the time I pitched my show idea with a few tweaks added in from the station manager, Oracle was well on it's way to being the strong fan favourite that it was eventually going to be over the next seven years.

My mandate was simple. Mix the new and old seamlessly, make it dreamy, uplifting and trippy. Feature artists from all over the globe, representing as many different languages I could find. Forge friendships and be open to fans. Above all, just have fun!




I took a hiatus from CJAM in November 2017 and have spent the last six months hiding out. Until now!

Welcome to the New Oracle!

Listen here: http://wespeak.ca

Oracle Ep. 1 Track List:




Wander-Tame Impala
Hocus Pocus-MIEN
Future Funk #19-The Lemon Twigs
Liquid Salient Dreams-Paisley Sky
The Way-July


Lullaby-Grapefruit
Kensington Garden Pie-Radiophonic Tuckshop
Elasticity-The Orange Kyte
Cross My Heart-Melody's Echo Chamber
She Wore Lilacs In Her Hair-Magic Castles
Flowers of Ours-Asteroid #4


Legend of a Mind-Moody Blues
Your Head Is Reeling-Ultimate Spinach
Always Maybe-The Black Angels
Heartbreaker-Aguaturbia
Peach Pit-Peach Pit



Oracle airs live every Sunday from 2-3:30p.m edt on wespeak.ca

Comments